Minimize losses in the time of Covid.
The tourism industry is currently having to defend itself due to the COVID-19 virus and is facing a loss of income in the industry. It has been widely reported that resellers and booking sites are pressuring travel providers to accept refunds for cancellations of accommodation and tours, despite the fact that these are non-refundable bookings.
In this situation, it is important to contact customers early in order to minimize loss of income, ensure a good flow of information and future bookings. It is good to have proactive solutions for customers to be able to control the outcome, instead of submitting to unilateral solutions of resellers.
The Norwegian Tourism Agency assesses that travel service providers are not obliged to comply with resellers’ demands for a refund, and each must assess whether they consider there is a reason to accept the demands for a refund.
A few points to keep in mind:
- Automated and efficient communication has never been more important.
- It is important to act quickly and safely in order to minimize and spread the loss of income.
- Now is a good opportunity for accommodations to direct business to the company’s website for rebookings.
- It is a good idea to take advantage of this additional communication that needs to take place in light of the situation, in order to promote your brand and show a high level of service.
- Numerous opportunities are hidden in this unprecedented situation. An opportunity to get good reviews, increase direct bookings in the future and ensure that those who have already booked with you, will come later.
Various ways can be used to avoid cancellations, limit damage and spread the loss of income that lies ahead.
- Customers can be invited to move the booking to other dates at no extra charge.
- Offer customers credit for partial or full non-refundable bookings.
- Send customers a discount code on their next booking that can only be used for direct bookings.
- Leverage automated emails to present options other than pure cancellation.
Travel websites offer free advice over the phone for those who want to look at ways to minimize their loss of income during these difficult times.
Contact us through the website, send us an email to email@example.com or call 554-5414 to request a call from Ferðavefj’s consultant.
We at Ferðavefem wish you good luck!